Edwin asks council to see the light over March lamp-post feud
A STREET light could be moved for the THIRD time after a March resident disputed its “dangerous” new position.
Cambridgeshire County Council, which is replacing the lights along Wisbech Road, March, originally put a new one up across the road from Edwin Ford’s home.
But days later the street light was uprooted by contractors Balfour Beatty and moved within yards of the 62-year-old’s drive.
Mr Ford said: “It has made it very dangerous because we have to reverse out through a narrow gap, into two lanes of traffic on a main road, in order to leave our drive.
“This has probably reduced our property price. We didn’t have a letter or anything, they just moved it.”
You may also want to watch:
When Mr Ford and county councillor John Clark voiced their concerns to the council they were told the street light had to be moved because of a nearby water pipe.
Mr Ford said: “They have told me that they couldn’t put it up over the road because there was a water pipe.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
“But it had already been there and I’ve got the photographs to prove it.”
A county council spokesman said: “Balfour Beatty has been asked to discuss the location of the column with Mr Ford to agree a suitable position to locate it.
“We will investigate what action can be taken to reduce the amount of parking in Wisbech Road outside his access which will improve his vehicular access to his property.”
Cllr Clark said: “I’m not satisfied with the reason given for it being moved and I will take this issue as far as I need to in order to get it sorted.”