Eight houses set for flood-prone land in March
- Credit: Archant
Eight houses will be built on overgrown flood-prone land in March.
The site south of Lake Close will see a modern development of two three-storey, two single-storey and four two-storey buildings next to the existing bungalows on Lake Close and Elliott Lodge.
Planning documents read: “The application site is currently unmaintained open land to the south of Lake Close and will see a modern development of residential dwellings towards the western edge of March.”
Chairman of Fenland Planning Committee, Councillor Alex Miscandlon, said: “It is great that the officers here are working proactively with all the agents and we will be encouraging them to continue to do so when this build goes ahead.”
Planning officers said that the site was affected by “intense rainfall that led to flooding” during 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Plans were approved at a committee meeting at Fenland Hall on Wednesday (June 20).
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder