Eight members of Fenland Running Club took part in the Virgin Money London Marathon - they joined 45,401 at the finish line
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club continued their Spring Marathon season with eight runners taking part in the Virgin Money London Marathon on Sunday.
The most iconic of British Marathons in the Capital with 45,401 finishers, saw the club’s second sub 3-hour result in as many weeks when Martin Jennings took almost three minutes off his PB with a superb run of 2:54:10.
The next two men to finish were Ryan Jones in 3:01:26 and Rod Sinnott with a new PB of 3:10:02.
First lady home was Sarah Gauvin with a great run of 3:33:59.
Three FRC runners were running for charities of their choice: Luke Pinner, running his first ever marathon, in aid of Antenatal Results and Choices (ARC); Larissa Follen and Denise Griffin (first time marathoner) both ran in aid of MacMillan Cancer Support.
You may also want to watch:
Full results: Martin Jennings 1,173rd 2:54:10 (PB); Ryan Jones 2,077th 3:01:26; Rod Sinnott 3,036th 3:10:02 (PB); Sarah Gauvin 7,015th 3:33:59; Paul Fysh 19,991st 4:27:46; Luke Pinner 24,228th 4:44:32; Larissa Follen 24,730th 4:46:27; Denise Griffin 25,978th 4:51:54.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March