Eight year old Wisbech boy is beaten up by a gang in his local park
- Credit: Archant
An eight year old was beaten up by a gang of around 10 boys when he was playing at his local park.
Cambridgeshire Police have confirmed they are investigating the incident in which the boy was pinned to the floor, beaten and then dragged across the astro-turf.
His mum Annie Date posted his story on Facebook page Wisbech Discussion in a bid to highlight what had happened and to trace those responsible.
She said: “The picture of his chest and stomach is where astro turf and grit embedded in the grazes, there is only minimal bruising to his ribs “He was beaten by a group of eight to 10 boys between the ages of 10 and 15 at the Lime Avenue park in Wisbech at approximately 2.45pm.”
The attack happened on Saturday 17.
You may also want to watch:
“He was pinned to the floor and repeatedly punched, he was also dragged along the AstroTurf pitch, and repeatedly had a football thrown and kicked at his head and face.
If there is anyone with information please get in contact.
- 1 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
She added that she made the post public so it could be shared as much as possible.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said; “We can confirm that we received reports of the incident. We are investigating.”