Woman, in her 80s, ‘blinded by the sun’ flips car after crashing into wall in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: BCH ROAD POLICING
An elderly woman flipped her car on its roof yesterday afternoon after being ‘blinded by the sun’, police officers have reported.
The woman in her 80s was driving through a Cambridgeshire village at around 1.30pm when she struck the wall and overturned her car.
All emergency services, including Alan Baldwin, deputy chief constable at Cambs Cops, were called to the scene at Castor Road, Marholm on Thursday, November 15.
The casualty was rescued from her car by the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service and only suffered cuts and bruises.
A spokesman for the fire service tweeted: “Firefighters were joined by Alan Baldwin as they rescued a casualty from a road traffic collision in Marholm.
You may also want to watch:
“Well done to all those involved! @CambsCops @EastEnglandAmb #Team999.”
BCH Road Policing followed up, they tweeted: “Driver blinded by the sun struck a wall and overturned.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
“Great team effort getting her out, fortunately just cuts and bruises @EastEnglandAmb @cambsfrs.”