Elderly fifth class citizens
MY parents have been registered with Fenland District council for more than 11 weeks for a bungalow or ground floor flat in the Whittlesey/Eastrea/Coates areas. My father is a stroke victim and in poor health and is due in hospital next week for four days
MY parents have been registered with Fenland District council for more than 11 weeks for a bungalow or ground floor flat in the Whittlesey/Eastrea/Coates areas. My father is a stroke victim and in poor health and is due in hospital next week for four days of tests. My mother suffers with bad hips and knees.
As you can imagine this is a very stressful and worrying period for them both, but even more so with the worry of not knowing where they are going to live.
We were told they would be housed within six weeks and it is now 11 weeks. I have to complete the sale of my property by April 27 (which was graciously extended for four weeks by the buyers, as my parents had still not been housed).
I enquired at the Whittlesey council office as to their status and was informed that they had gone from third on the list to about 10th. No one was available to speak to at the March office. And the lady at the reception desk said she would send an e-mail out asking one of them to call us later that day. No one has.
You may also want to watch:
Does this council do anything for the sick and elderly? Or have my parents become victims of this society, fifth class citizens who have paid into the system for more than 50 years, but are not entitled to anything in return?
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 7 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 8 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl