Elderly woman motorist killed at Haddenham near Ely following collision with a coach
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman motorist has been killed in a collision with a bus in Haddenham today.
Police confirmed the woman died following following a collision in Wilburton Road, Haddenham, just after 11am.
A bus and a car collided at the junction with Twenty Pence Road. The driver of the car, an elderly woman, died at the scene.
There were five people on the bus, including the driver, and all except one were uninjured. One woman was treated for minor injuries at the scene.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or saw either of the vehicles in the moments leading up to the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call the road policing unit on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their website www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
Police have issued a warning to motorists to “please avoid the area”.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
The A1123 between both villages is closed and some local reports say it may stay closed well into the afternoon.