Elderly woman seriously injured in two-car collision in Fenland village
AN elderly woman suffered serious injuries in a two-car collision in a Fenland village.
The collision took place on the A605 in Coates, at the junction with North Green, at 5.50pm yesterday.
Firefighters from Whittlesey and Dogsthorpe, and the rescue vehicle based at Dogsthorpe, were called to the scene and cut the woman from her red car. She was taken to Peterborough City Hospital.
The driver of the second car involved, a silver Peugeot 206, was uninjured.
One carriageway was blocked by the collision but the A605 was closed between North Green and South Green at the request of the fire service.
The road was reopened at 7.10pm.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?