Elderly woman seriously injured in two-car collision in Fenland village
AN elderly woman suffered serious injuries in a two-car collision in a Fenland village.
The collision took place on the A605 in Coates, at the junction with North Green, at 5.50pm yesterday.
Firefighters from Whittlesey and Dogsthorpe, and the rescue vehicle based at Dogsthorpe, were called to the scene and cut the woman from her red car. She was taken to Peterborough City Hospital.
The driver of the second car involved, a silver Peugeot 206, was uninjured.
One carriageway was blocked by the collision but the A605 was closed between North Green and South Green at the request of the fire service.
You may also want to watch:
The road was reopened at 7.10pm.
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 3 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 6 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 7 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 8 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 9 Floral tributes laid for ‘amazing brother’ killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 Cannabis factory uncovered in Fen village