Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- Credit: Eleanor Whibley
A photographer from March has won the family photographer of the year award at the Newborn and Portrait show in Coventry.
Eleanor Whibley beat hundreds of other entries to walk away with the highly regarded award.
Her portrait of sisters Wisdom (15), Glory (13) and Blessing (11) impressed the judges, with the impact of the image and how she captured their close connections.
Eleanor met the girls through the Woodgate foodbank in Leicester that her friend manages.
“I’m so proud of this photo and of my own journey,” said Eleanor.
“I’ve been working delivering meals on wheels and as a single mum starting a freelance business has not been easy.
“I have a small studio and have worked part time photographing families for the last seven years.
- 1 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 2 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 3 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 4 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 5 Jon serves up a painting fit for Her Majesty
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 8 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 9 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
- 10 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
“It was a heart-warming moment letting the girls’ family know that the image had won first place.
“I plan on taking them out for a treat to say thank you.”