ELECTION SPECIAL: John Gowing wins - by a close margine- March South and Rural
- Credit: Archant
Former town mayor and district councillor Rob Skoulding was narrowly defeated as John Gowing rode the Conservative wave to win March South and Rural.
He said: “The hard work is now going to start.
“I concentrated on the rural areas and found they were concerned about parking and speeding.”
He said lack of infrastructure in Manea was another issue of concern.
Mr Gowing was born in Norfolk and moved to March 20 years ago. He has been a March town councillor since 2015.
You may also want to watch:
The seat - adjusted by boundary changes- was previously held by John Clarke.
John GOWING (C) 969
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 10 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
Rob SKOULDING (I) 910
Steven Smith (L) 174
Daniel Spencer (UKIP) 157
Elizabeth Wright (G) 102
30% turn out
7 spoiled votes