ELECTION SPECIAL: John Gowing wins - by a close margine- March South and Rural
- Credit: Archant
Former town mayor and district councillor Rob Skoulding was narrowly defeated as John Gowing rode the Conservative wave to win March South and Rural.
He said: “The hard work is now going to start.
“I concentrated on the rural areas and found they were concerned about parking and speeding.”
He said lack of infrastructure in Manea was another issue of concern.
Mr Gowing was born in Norfolk and moved to March 20 years ago. He has been a March town councillor since 2015.
The seat - adjusted by boundary changes- was previously held by John Clarke.
John GOWING (C) 969
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Wire damage disrupts Great Northern trains between Hitchin and Peterborough
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 8 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 9 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
Rob SKOULDING (I) 910
Steven Smith (L) 174
Daniel Spencer (UKIP) 157
Elizabeth Wright (G) 102
30% turn out
7 spoiled votes