ELECTION SPECIAL: Sam Hoy for Wisbech East - and she wins by a mile and a victory that spell disaster for UKIP
- Credit: Archant
Sam Hoy remains a county councillor having won a return in a by election and consolidated it with a massive majority in Wisbech East.
She said: “I’m elated; it felt very good on the doorstep while I was campaigning but you can never be too confident.
“Half my electorate were previous voters, the other half were new, who felt slightly neglected”.
She said: “Pressing issues were keeping Wisbech rail on track, the minor injuries units open, and people really want Wisbech to improve.
“And I think the town is improving. We are not a divided town anymore, and it’s getting better and will continue to get better.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Hoy has lived in Wisbech since she was a teenager, and says she is passionately committed to the town.
She lives in Copperfields, the area she represents on the town, district and county councils and became county councillor for Wisbech South in a by-election after the UKIP councillor resigned.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
Sam HOY (C) 1,284
Sue MARSHALL (L) 306
Susan CARSON (UKIP) 243
Fay ALLEN (I) 135
Gareth WILSON (LD) 64