Electricity box catches alight outside of City Road, March, shop

TWO fire crews from March rushed to a shop in City Road, March, today after an electrical fault caused a small blaze.

TWO fire crews from March rushed to a shop in City Road, March, today after an electrical fault caused a small blaze.

Firefighters used dry powder to extinguish the fire outside of Storeys, the family run upholsters.

A fire service spokesman said the crews took the call at 1.20pm and were back in their station within the hour.

The fire, in an outside electrical box, is thought to have been accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Storeys was established in 1981 and expanded in 2007 by taking over the offices of the local Labour Party to fabrics, knitting wool and card making supplies.

Fire crews directed traffic past the scene.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter