Elgood’s Brewery launches new beer in aid of Cambridgeshire Search and Rescue
FENLAND’S top brewers have created a special themed beer to help raise money for Cambridgeshire Search and Rescue (CamSAR).
Elgood’s Brewery, in Wisbech, has launched its latest beer - titled ‘Lost and Found’ - which aims to help the charity reach their target of �20,000, the figure needed to buy a new Incident Control Unit (ICU).
The special brew will be sold at this year’s Cambridge Beer Festival, where CamSAR is the nominated charity.
All profits from sales of the beer will be donated to the team’s campaign to purchase the new control unit, which is the hub of all searches.
Lisa Chapman, fundraising coordinator, said: “The nature of our work is that we often work away from the public eye, so the beer festival will help, not only to raise much needed funds for our campaign, but also to meet the people in the community that we serve.”
You may also want to watch:
John Gothard, radio operative, said: “In an emergency, speed is of the essence, and with the self-contained ICU we will be able to work far more efficiently to recover missing persons sooner.”
CamSAR is a voluntary organisation trained in the search and recovery of vulnerable missing persons.
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Floral tributes laid for ‘amazing brother’ killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 4 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 5 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 6 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 8 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 9 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
Just six shouts short of their 100th callout, the team have searched for more than 4,500 man hours, a saving of �84,500 for Cambridgeshire Constabulary.
The 38th Cambridge Beer Festival takes place on Jesus Green from Monday 23 May until Saturday 28 May. Details on opening hours and entry fees can be found on the festival website at www.cambridgebeerfestival.com.
Those interested in helping the Cambridgeshire Search and Rescue Team raise funds at the Cambridge Beer Festival should contact Lisa Chapman on 07711 354296 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers will receive free entry into the festival, a free food and beer voucher, and free entry into CamSAR’s prize draw.