Elgood’s Harry Trotter ale one of the stars at Norwich Camra’s 2013 ‘Oscars’
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech brewer Elgood & Sons received certificates for the prizes awarded to their “Harry Trotter” beer.
The award was given to Elgood’s at the Norwich & Norfolk CAMRA’s 2013 Beer Festival.
Based on the very popular Plum Porter, Harry Trotter was the seasonal ale for October last year.
The certificates were presented at a well-attended award ceremony held at The Plasterers Arms pub, Cowgate, Norwich last Thursday.
The awards, which are voted each year by the drinkers at the festival, were gold in the stout & porter category and silver overall.
You may also want to watch:
In recent years Elgood’s has won nearly 50 awards – their black dog ale collecting more than half the total awards.
Elgood’s currently operates an estate of 36 public houses all within a 60-mile radius of the brewery and embracing parts of neighbouring Lincolnshire and Norfolk in addition to its Cambridgeshire heartland.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire