Cheers! Elgoods Brewery in Wisbech to distribute to Argentina as they tap into global thirst for British beer
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech-based Elgoods Brewery expects to double its international sales in the next 12 months as they distribute in Argentina after tapping into the global demand for high-quality British beer.
The business will export an additional 20,000 more pints of beer over the next year.
The family business was founded more than 200 years ago but only started selling its products overseas three years ago when it saw first-hand the global thirst for British beer.
The brand already exports to ten countries worldwide including the US and Italy and is now in the final stages of agreeing a distribution deal with an importer in Argentina.
The deal will see its beers stocked in a range of bars, restaurants and stores in the country, and will mark the brand’s first entry into the South American market.
You may also want to watch:
The company was first introduced to potential buyers from Argentina at a ‘Meet the Buyer’ event hosted by the Department for International Trade (DIT) as part of its exporting is GREAT campaign.
Marcus Beecher, sales director at Elgoods Brewery, said: “We’re still relatively new to exporting and international orders only make up a small percentage of our sales. But this is an area of our business we’re looking to grow as we’ve already really felt the benefits that overseas trade can bring.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
“We’re aiming to have our beers in Argentina in the next six months and our next target market is to expand in Asia, particularly Japan. Exporting can be a big commitment for smaller firms like ours, which is where the help of expert organisations like DIT can really come in handy.”
Alan Pain, DIT’s head of the East of England, said: “Elgoods Brewery is a great example of a local business that’s taken advantage of meeting potential overseas buyers face-to-face to showcase its products. Its delicious beers are now being sampled around the world, and the brewery is reaping the rewards.
“British-stamped food and drink has a global reputation for its high quality and, as demand for craft beers and ales continues to increase across the world. It’s the perfect time for other local breweries to consider overseas markets for their growth plans.”