Ely and Chatteris fish and chips stalwart receives major award
- Credit: Archant
THE co-founder of award-winning fish and chip shops in Ely and Chatteris has been honoured for his contribution to the industry.
Mark Petrou, of Petrou Brothers Fish and Chips, took home the Caterway Outstanding Achievement Award at the National Fish & Chip Awards 2013.
Alongside his brother Peter, Mark started the Petrou Brothers shop when their father retired and they have served more than a million portions of the nations favourite meal from their site in West Park Street.
Paul Williams, Chief Executive of the competition organisers Seafish said: “Mark really is an exceptional individual who has done so much good work within the sector.
“He has set up industry websites, resurrected trade magazines and provided both social and business focused forums where industry professionals can find support and advice.
You may also want to watch:
“The list just goes on and on with Mark – a truly worthy winner.”
The Petrou Family have been in the fish frying trade since 1968 and served the people of Chatteris for more than 25 years.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
They won the title of the UK’s number one Fish and Chip shop in 2007.