Ely Aquafest: Organisers invite applications from stallholders and entertainers
- Credit: Archant
PLANS are already in well in hand for this year’s Ely Aquafest extravaganza, when thousands of people enjoy a day of activities based on the river and the riverside parks.
Organised by the Rotary Club of Ely, this year’s festive event will be making its usual splash on the first Sunday in July - and now is the time for prospective stall holders and entertainers to book their slot.
The 2013 Aquafest will be the 36th annual river festival, with visitors enjoying a packed day of weird and whacky raft races, displays, demonstrations and arena entertainment.
Running a stall on either Lavender Green or Jubilee Gardens costs from £17.50 for charities and £45 for individual commercial stalls. Organisers want to attract a wide variety of stalls, giving visitors the opportunity to browse and shop.
Any organisation that can supply a entertaining outdoor arena act, from an athletic team to trad jazz band or performing animals, is also asked to contact organisers.
You may also want to watch:
To book a stall or find out more about providing entertainment, contact Aquafest committee chairman Phil Smith on Ely 669558, or email email@example.com.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache