The regular visitors to Ely market that bring new meaning to the term stay-cat-ion!!
- Credit: Archant
For Coby, Shadow and Reba every week can be a holiday – or as they might prefer to describe it a stay-cat-ion!
The threesome all belong to Anna-Marie Day who uses an improvised buggy to take them regularly to have a peek at Ely’s popular market.
Anna-Marie knows that when she’s out with her cute kitties there are plenty of admirers but she’s always keen not to stay out for too long.
“I always restrict our outings to no more than 90 minutes,” she says. “After that I’m sure they’d get a bit restless.
“But they do seem to enjoy it – and I love how it often brings a smile to passers-by.”
You may also want to watch:
After today’s trip Anna-Marie posted some photos to Twitter and added: “It was so lovely seeing all the stalls and smelling the mix of different food, and the market bustling with people: so many happy faces, great weather and Reba and Shadow loved all the fuss made over them”.
And journalist and author Elle Seymour who spotted them out earlier in the week posted to social media: “Bless! I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw these fluffy cuties, Coby and Shadow, being pushed around Ely Market Place by their proud owner, Anne-Marie.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
“They are the rag doll species and attracted many curious and admiring glances.”