Ely charity shop celebrates 25 years
- Credit: Archant
An Ely charity shop that has raised £2.5 million in the last 25 years is holding a celebration party where volunteers who have worked there over the years are welcome to go along.
The Ely Cancer Research shop will have been open 25 years in June.
The current manager Dawn Statham has been the manager in that shop for 20 years.
Assistant manager Elizabeth Robertson said: “It’s amazing to think that a small shop in Ely has raised all that money, imagine how much all of the shops raise in one year.
“We couldn’t have done it without the manager, the teams of hard working volunteers and also the community who we thank for all of their generous donations.
You may also want to watch:
“On that day we are going to hold a small party for the staff and customers and everyone is welcome.”
The day is on Tuesday June 13 with a ribbon cutting ceremony at 12.30.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend