Ely choir set to launch a new CD
- Credit: Archant
ELY Cathedral Girls’ Choir are launching a new CD this month.
Penitence and Redemption includes music for Lent and Passiontide by composers Sumsion, Ireland, Parry, Byrd, Gibbons, Moore, and concludes with Pergolesi’s perennial favourite, the Stabat Mater.
The pieces are all performed with accompaniment of string quartet and organ continuo along with solo movements sung by members of the choir.
The powerful selection of music includes new works and arrangements written especially for the choir.
The CD was recorded last year at Ely Cathedral and was conducted by choir director, Sarah MacDonald, with Oliver Hancock on the organ. The CD also features members of the Cambridge University Baroque Ensemble.
You may also want to watch:
Penitence and Redemption can be purchased online for £10 from the Regent at www.regent-records.co.uk or directly from Sarah MacDonald, by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off