Return of folk festival will be outdoors and Covid-safe
- Credit: ELY FOLK FESTIVAL
Ely Folk Festival returns next month - and is likely to be one of the first weekend-long music events taking place in Cambridgeshire this summer.
The volunteer committee has been working extra hard to make the event happen from July 9-11.
This year's festival line-up of British folk acts will perform across two outdoor stages on the festival site at Ely Outdoor Centre.
The bands and artists playing live include Show of Hands, The Young’uns, Noble Jacks, Martyn Joseph, Elvis Fontenot, Merry Hell, Midnight Skyracer, The Mardlers, Hannah Sanders and Ben Savage.
The Friday night local bands showcase will feature a range of talented East Anglian musicians including Fred’s House, The Finn Collinson Band, Kelvin Davis & The Gravy Train.
You may also want to watch:
Fionnuala Lennon, member of the organising committee, said: "We have worked hard to plan a Covid-safe music-filled festival weekend and the move to outdoor stages is a key aspect of this.
"In addition to seven concerts over the weekend, the festival will include workshops sessions, children’s entertainment, a traders area, and a real ale bar. It’s a dog-friendly festival too.
More details about the 2021 festival including how to book tickets and the covid-safe measures being put in place are available online.
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 3 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 4 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 5 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 6 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 How defibrillator access varies across the Fens and East Cambridgeshire
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
Ticket prices start at £27 for Friday evening tickets to £83 for a weekend ticket.
Concessions are available and children under 12 get in free.