Summer street food and feel-good flavours for Ely Markets Bank Holiday weekend
- Credit: Archant
A popular Bank Holiday line-up has been announced for Ely Markets with a mini-festival of summer street food and live music.
On Friday (August 24), they will be another of their popular Summer Lates with classy cuisine and music before the return of the special Flavours of the World Market on Saturday 25, Sunday 26 and Bank Holiday Monday.
“We’ve organised a mini-festival on Friday afternoon,” explains Julia Davis of Ely Markets.
“The fun kicks off at 4pm in the Market Place and carries on until 9.30pm. Come over with your friends and family and make the most of the last Bank Holiday of the summer.”
There will be lots of delicious street food to try while you enjoy the live music at the Summer Late – everything from noodles, paella and meatballs to delicious cheesecakes.
You may also want to watch:
A licensed bar, henna tattoo artist, local traders and craftspeople will complete the line-up.
“Our Summer Lates are laid back and relaxed,” says Julia.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
“Soak up the last of the summer weather, buy some delicious food and enjoy the great live music. Enjoy a beer from Poppy Up Bar, or try the latest flavours from Ely Gin – and if you’re feeling adventurous, get one of Wild Girl Henna’s beautiful henna tattoo designs.”
Over the weekend, Ely’s Market Place and High Street will have everything from authentic North African food and French patisserie to gorgeous olives and Baltic amber jewellery.
“We already have a fabulous selection of food and gifts every week, and this bank holiday the Flavours of the World market will give you even more choice than ever,” explains Julia.
“Whether it’s Mexican churros, Spanish paella, German currywurst or exotic sweets – we know you’ll find something you can’t resist.”
As well as delicious food, the Flavours of the World event also offers gifts, homewares and more.
There will be beautifully scented French soaps from Marseille, lavender, scented oils and exquisite jewellery – plus handmade wooden garden furniture.
Ely Markets’ Summer Lates event will take place on Friday 24 August, from 4pm – 9.30.
The Flavours of the World market takes place in Ely High Street on Saturday 25 August and in the Market Place on Sunday 26 August and Bank Holiday Monday.
It runs from 8.30am until 3.30pm. Ely’s weekly Food, Craft and Farmers’ Market is open as usual on the Market Place on Saturday.