Ely railway station upgrade should mean it is now better for passengers
- Credit: Archant
Improvements at Ely rail station should mean the ticket office, waiting room and toilet facilities are now much easier to use for those with mobility issues.
Abellio Greater Anglia has completed an upgrade scheme to create a better waiting environment for passengers and bring the station facilities in line with the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA).
A newly refurbished waiting room between platforms two and three is now open and features push-button automatic doors, a train departure summary screen and energy-efficient heating, as well as new flooring and seating and redecoration in Abellio Greater Anglia colours.
The existing toilet facilities have also been remodelled so they are fully accessible to those with mobility problems and the ticket office benefits from the installation of an induction loop.
The platforms too have new wooden style benches which replace the older style metal benches and are also DDA compliant.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Stannard, Area Customer Service Manager, said: “The new facilities offer passengers a much-improved, more comfortable waiting environment and better access for those with mobility problems.
“Investing in upgrades to stations across the network is extremely important to Abellio Greater Anglia, demonstrating our commitment to providing excellent facilities and service to our customers.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
“I would like to thank customers for their patience while the work was carried out.”