Ely salad grower becomes star of national campaign
- Credit: Archant
AN ELY salad grower has become the star of a national healthy eating campaign.
Lucy Bellefontaine appears in a video promoting The Salad Days: Make More of Salad, which shows how lettuce is grown in the UK.
Shot on a farm in Ely, it tells the story behind lettuce and shows it being planted and harvested.
Lucy said: “People want to know and understand more about where their food comes from and this campaign does just this.
“In this country we grow more than 60 types of lettuce and salad leaves and as a nation we are producing and consuming more leafy salads than ever before.
You may also want to watch:
“However we still eat less salad per head than the rest of Europe and America, so we’re on a mission to inspire people to make more of this fantastic ingredient.
“I’m delighted to be part of this campaign and look forward to helping people to make more of salad and understand the story behind how it is produced.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
The campaign is run by the British Leafy Salads Association (BLSA) with support from the EU.
You can see Lucy’s video, get salad recipes and find more information at www.makemoreofsalad.com.