Ely traffic is as sluggish as London according to a new survey
- Credit: Archant
Ely has been named as the country’s joint third slowest city and is only a second travelling speed behind Cambridge, the worst in Britain, according to latest figures.
The traffic in Ely travels at the same pace as the country’s capital, London, travelling at an average speed of just 14.59mph.
That speed is not far behind Cambridge where vehicles travel an average of 13.73 mph.
Dan Walton, managing director of Satrak Vehicle Tracking, which carried out the report, said: It’s nice to see that people are taking care in many of our cities, as these places are often busy and above all are not environments for speeding.
“This shows the importance that Cambridge and Ely have on the economy and business infrastructure of the country,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
None of the traffic in the top ten slowest cities exceeded 20mph.
The fastest average speeds in cities were found to be in Carlisle (44.7 mph), Preston (39.8mph), and Winchester (39 mph).
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 9 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition
When it comes to motorways the M25 was found to be the number one most sluggish with vehicles averaging just 25.05 mph.
The number 10 sluggish motorway was the M602 in Manchester with average speeds of 48.33mph.
The motorway results looked at data from 527,00 vehicles over the period of a year.