Ely woman killed in fatal collision which blocked A10 in Cambridgeshire identified
- Credit: Archant
A woman who died last night following a crash on the A10 in Cambridgeshire has been identified.
Tania Macedo, 25, of Welland Place, Ely, was killed in the crash which blocked the road for several hours.
She was a front passenger in a Honda Civic.
A 43-year-old man from Ely has been arrested on suspicion of driving while unfit through drink or drugs and is in custody at Parkside Police Station, Cambridge.
At least four ambulances were at the scene of the crash which, according to local sources, involved three vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
The A10 Cambridge Road in Little Thetford near Stretham was closed in both directions between the A1123 Wilburton Road junction and the Broad Baulk junction.
Police turned away villagers who attempted to get near to the scene of the crash.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Anyone with information should call Sergeant Paul Tanner at the Collision Investigation Unit on 101, (incident 552).