Ely wrestler hoping to make smash hit in new televsion show
AN aspiring wrestler from Ely is hoping to make his name on the world stage by taking part in a brand new television show.
Marty Scurll, 24, will be appearing on Challenge TV’s TNA Wrestling: British Boot Camp, due to air in December, where British wrestlers are given the chance to earn a spot with an American wrestling organisation.
The six-part series will go behind the scenes with the wrestling hopefuls, including Marty, as they travel from their homes in the UK to the USA and get trained and mentored by famous names from the world of wrestling.
The winner of the show will enter the TNA developmental system, to hone their wrestling skills, and be put to the test by legendary British wrestlers and current TNA stars including the iconic Hulk Hogan.
At the end of the series the successful candidate will get signed to a contract by TNA and have the chance to appear in front of a home crowd on the TNA World Tour which travels to London’s Wembley Arena in January 2013.
You may also want to watch:
“British Boot Camp really is compulsive viewing,” said Dominic Wilkins, acting director of Challenge TV. “TNA Wrestling has a huge fanbase in the UK and it’s great to be able to commission exclusive original content which cements Challenge TV as the UK home for TNA Wrestling. This series will provide unmissable entertainment content which resonates with our viewers.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend