Emergency services deal with ‘acid spill’ at G’s Fresh Beetroot in March as part of training exercise
- Credit: Archant
Fire fighters, ambulance crews and a chemical spill unit rushed to the scene of an acid spill at G’s Fresh Beetroot in March last night – but not to worry; it was only a training exercise.
The Cambs Fire & Rescue exercise saw the emergency services deal with three employees that had been involved in an acetic acid spill on November 9.
Paramedics looked after the ‘injured’ workers while fire crews and a chemical spill unit drafted in from St Neots removed the acid, which had fallen from a forklift onto the factory’s loading bay.
The workers were then hosed down with specialist equipment and the area was secured.
The exercise was organised by March fire fighter and G’s Fresh Beetroot worker, Wayne Marshall.
You may also want to watch:
The fire service is put through several training exercises every year. In December last year, fire fighters from across the county gathered in March for an exercise which involved scaling a 60-metre wind turbine to rescue a casualty.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told