A week of ‘pawsome’ activities for youngster and her four-legged friend
- Credit: The Kennel Club
A young dog-enthusiast and her four-legged best friend have enjoyed some outdoor fun over the summer holidays with a week of ‘pawsome’ activities.
15-year-old Emily Rice, from Gorefield, and her Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, Holly-Mae, attended Rutland Showground in Oakham in August for the annual Young Kennel Club (YKC) summer camp.
Emily was one of 40 other dog loving children aged between seven and 16 who trained their dogs in canine activities.
Emily said: “I enjoy all of Young Kennel Club Camp!
“I love the people you get to meet, and the training and competitions too.”
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the week there were classes in handling, agility, scent work, obedience and heelwork to music.
Vannessa McAlpine, spokesperson for the Young Kennel Club, said: “The annual summer camp is a highlight in the Young Kennel Club calendar.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 3 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 8 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
“We are delighted to see so many members return this year and be reunited with their friends.”