Emneth Academy is officially launched
- Credit: Archant
Emneth Academy has officially opened as the sixth primary academy under the CWA Academy Trust.
It has around 200 students and is overseen by principal Alison Townsend.
Ms Townsend said: “We have been working with CWA academy trust informally for several months and can already see the benefits for the children and staff at Emneth.
“We are delighted to become part of this family of schools and very much look forward to building on the strengths of our school as we move forward.”
Chief executive of CWA Academy Trust, Duncan Ramsey, said: “CWA Trust is really excited to be working with Emneth on their journey towards becoming an outstanding school.
You may also want to watch:
“Emneth is a vibrant school at the heart of its community and we hope that as Emneth joins our family of schools it will both receive from, and offer support to other schools over the forthcoming years.”
With a new name comes a new logo and uniform. The thought behind the logo being an apple is because Emneth is a variety of apple, grown commercially in East Anglia and originating in 1899 in Emneth itself.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
The logo colour follows the pale green of this cooking apple, set against a darker green of the apple tree leaves. The Emneth apple is known for each apple grown being slightly different to the other, each unique.
Students will be wearing navy blue jumpers with navy blue and green striped ties from September onwards.
Upon reaching year six, they will wear a black blazer.
Year 5 student Evie said: “The new uniform is really comfortable; I don’t want to take it off! I am looking forward to the changes and getting a blazer in Year 6.”
Her classmate Kyle, added: “I like the new clip-on ties and the apple logo is cool!”
• Emneth Academy joins the trust’s already established primary academies - Upwell Academy, Eastgate Academy in King’s Lynn, Nelson Academy in Downham Market, North Wootton Academy, and Southery Academy.