Emneth pair who are gearing up for 103 mile Cotswolds run in aid of Clic Sargent pass £5,000 barrier
- Credit: Archant
Two friends who will run 103 miles in four days in the Cotswolds next month have already raised more than £5,000.
Emneth pair Stuart Webb, 36, and David Kerridge, 44, are taking on the epic challenge in aid of Clic Sargent, who provide emotional, financial and practical support for children, young people and their families whose lives have been turned upside-down by cancer.
The pair’s most recent fundraising event was a tea and cake afternoon in Leverington, which raised an impressive £530 in just three hours.
Mr Kerridge said: “The afternoon was attended by a great many of our friends, family and customers. We had loads of delicious homemade cakes and cupcakes on offer, along with a book and jigsaw stand and a raffle.
“Thanks to all who helped make the afternoon a success.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Webb said they decided to do something for the charity after his two year-old daughter Evie was given the cancer all-clear.
He said: “When she was born she had a bump behind her ear and after many tests and a lot of worry we were given the all clear we so desperately wanted.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
“Along the way we met parents who were not so lucky and we wanted to give something back to help others.”
You can donate at www.justgiving.com/thestupidly