Emneth pair who will do 103 mile Cotswold run for children’s charity on course to hit fundraising goal after Mendi’s night
- Credit: Archant
Two friends who will undertake an epic 103 mile charity run in August are well on the way to reaching their ambitious fundraising target.
More than 170 people attended a charity disco and raffle held at Mendi’s in Wisbech, raising £1,840 for children’s charity Clic Sargent.
It means Emneth pair Stuart Webb, 36, and David Kerridge, 44, have broken the £3,500 barrier and only need another £1,500 to reach their £5,000 target.
Clic Sargent provide emotional, financial and practical support for children, young people and their families whose lives have been turned upside-down by cancer.
Mr Webb said they decided to do something for the charity after his two year-old daughter Evie was given the cancer all-clear.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “When she was born she had a bump behind her ear and after many tests and a lot of worry we were given the all clear we so desperately wanted.
“Along the way we met parents who were not so lucky and we wanted to give something back to help others.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Mr Kerridge said: “Stu and myself will be running, jogging, walking and crawling our way over the Cotswold 100, which is 103 miles over four days over many, many hills, all for a worthwhile cause.
“It will be the undertaking of a lifetime, training will be tough, not eating donuts will be hard, leaving beer out of our diets, well that’s almost impossible!
“But we will try, nonetheless, and with peoples help and support, we can raise a shed load of money for Clic Sargent.”
You can donate at www.justgiving.com/thestupidly