Emotional farewell to pub quiz organisers at The Honest John in Chatteris after seven years entertaining regulars
- Credit: Archant
A dedicated couple who have kept regulars entertained with their quizzes for the past seven years have organised their final event.
Chris and Julie Pope put on their final monthly quiz at the The Honest John Free House in South Park Street, Chatteris on Sunday.
In that time, the pub has raised a staggering £9,000 for good causes, including Chatteris in Bloom and Chatteris Christmas lights. This year, pub’s monthly pub quizzes have raised £730.
After their final quiz, the couple were presented with presents and champagne to thank them for all their hard work.
Landlord Richard Savage said: “It was very emotional - the end of an era.”
You may also want to watch:
The last quiz of the year is on Sunday December 21 at 8pm. It will be organised by Chris and Hilde Cole.
If you would like to set questions or get involved in the quizzes in another way, call Richard on 01354 692698.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash