Emotional night at the glitz and glamour summer ball at a March college for students with learning disabilities
- Credit: Archant
The tears flowed as parents, carers and support staff watched with pride as students from a college for adults with learning disabilities arrived in style for their summer ball.
It is the second year that the college in Marwick Road in March has held the red carpet event and this year it was even bigger and better.
With an Oscars theme, students arrived in an impressive mix of vehicles from a Lamborghini and Bentley to a horse and carriage, lorries, a tractor and an American police car.
Kris Harrold said: “Watching the smiles on the faces of everybody is priceless.
“We put out a pleas to the community for help with luxury vehicles and cannot thank people enough for stepping forward and offering their help and time.
You may also want to watch:
“So many of our students don’t get the opportunity to dress up and feel special, holding our summer ball is a truly great experience for all of us to be involved in.
“I hope to grow this year on year so there are more attractions for the students to enjoy and it becomes a real highlight of the college year.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
This year a professional make up artist helped the girls create the look they wanted with make overs, there was a disco, buffet, ice cream van and a bar.
• Helping at the event were R&A mobile bars, Flawless by Amelia (makeup artist), Sahota Chauffers, Ethos Nursing R Entertainments, Starlite Limo’s Milton Keynes, Mr Whippy Peterborough, Louisa Ann Balloons, Gavin at March Scouts, Mr Hayden (Lambo),
Grant Hendry and 29 Hairdressing and One Stop Cop Hire.