English Democrat contender for top Cambridgeshire police job promises to purge force of “political correctness”
A CANDIDATE to be Cambridgeshire’s first police commissioner has promised that if elected he will “remove motoring offences from statistics so that the clear up rate for real crime is clear to voters.”
The pledge is among many made by former Peterborough city councillor and English Democrat Stephen Goldspink, 53, from Turves near Whittlesey.
He said: “Our manifesto has good old fashioned English common-sense policies for policing and I expect will strongly appeal to the electorates of most English Constabularies”.
He said elected English Democrat commissioners “will purge their police forces of political correctness and focus their police forces on catching real criminals and maintaining traditional English law and order rather than politically correct social engineering projects or excessive harassment of motorists as an easy target to enable Chief Constables to claim inflated clear-up rates.”
He added: “If elected I shall remove motoring offences from Cambridgeshire police statistics so that the clear-up rate of real crime is clear to Cambridgeshire’s voters.
You may also want to watch:
“I also intend to seek a mandate from the people of Cambridgeshire that every police station should fly the Cross of St George.”
Mr Spink says he will also campaign for “a zero tolerance attitude on the part of Cambridgeshire’s police force to petty crime and anti-social behaviour that blights so many of our communities.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
“I fully intend to use the police commissioner’s power to dismiss the chief constable in the event of non-compliance.”