Enjoy a cuppa or a fried breakfast and help raise money for cancer services at the same time thanks to shops in March
- Credit: Archant
A week of fund raising is coming to March to help support people diagnosed with cancer.
The Go Green week is from May 15 to 21 May.
The local fund raising group for Macmillan Cancer Support has planned the week and have encouraged local shops and businesses to take part.
All money raised will be divided between Macmillan services at Peterborough Hospital and the new Woodlands Centre at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
• Sunday May 15 at 11am. A 5km Walk starting at the band stand in West End Park.
• Monday May 16 from 10am to noon. Elliott Lodge holds a coffee morning.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
• Tuesday May 17 at 12.30pm. A bring and share buffet lunch at Upwell Park; Fossils Galore from 10am to noon a coffee morning; The Spice Bank will donate 10 per cent of sales from 5.30pn to 10pm.
• Wednesday May 18 at 7.30pm a designer fashion show at the Conservative Club in Creek Road.
• Thursday May 19 The Ship Inn 9am to 11.45am. For every breakfast sold £1 will be donated.
• Friday May 20 from 10am a coffee morning is at 12 Gold Street in March; Conservative Club from 10am to noon a coffee morning at the Conservative Club.
• Saturday May 21 volunteers will be bag packing at Iceland in the High Street; Conservative Club a dinner and dance at the Conservative Club.
• Malletts jewellers is holding a raffle with a £50 store voucher prize.
• All Saints Academy, Westwood and Burrrowmoor are holding a non-uniform day and Neale Wade Academy is holding a Wear Something Green for Macmillan day; Cavalry Primary School is holding a fundraising event during the week.
• During the whole week Panini’s in the market place will donate 20p for every hot drink sold, plus a raffle.
Registration forms for the walk and tickets for the dinner are available at the Greetings card shop in the High Street, March, or call 07961 507515.