Enjoy a day at Peckover House in Wisbech and a dolls house exhibition - all for free!
- Credit: Archant
Peckover House joins other historical buildings in Wisbech by offering free entry as part of Heritage Open Day on Saturday September 10th.
As well as offering free admission to the house and garden, Peckover will be hosting a display in the Reed Barn which features detailed and beautiful dolls’ houses.
The display shows the work of Tim and Angela Hartnall of Anglia Dolls’ Houses in King’s Lynn, who have been designing architecturally correct dolls’ houses full time since 2008 and who are currently working on a model of Peckover House.
“We are very happy that such an excellent team of crafts people are making a model of the house,’ said house manager Ben Rickett.
“We thought the Heritage Open Day would be a good opportunity for visitors to see the detail of their work.
“We can’t wait to see our house in miniature when the model is completed!’
Peckover House garden will be open from 11am, with the house opening at midday and last entry to the property at 4pm.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 5 Wire damage disrupts Great Northern trains between Hitchin and Peterborough
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 8 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
Further information by calling 01945 583463 or by visiting www.nationaltrust/peckover.org.uk.