Enjoy afternoon of jazz and beer at Elgood’s Brewery Gardens, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Musician Dave Dyer has teamed up with Elgood’s Brewery to present an afternoon of jazz in the Wisbech brewery’s gardens on Sunday.
The programme will comprise three sessions by the band Shooting Stars, which includes musicians who have played with The Chris Barber Big Band and The Pasadena Roof Orchestra.
Visitors can also take a tour of the historic brewery between jazz sessions and learn more about Cambridgeshire’s oldest family-owned brewery.
Kate Pateman, of Elgood’s, said: “Dave and his wife Sheila are keen to see more jazz events in the area and are hoping that Jazz on the Hill will generate enough interest to lead to more events locally.”
The licensed bar will be open in the brewery garden visitor centre, serving drinks (including a selection of Elgood’s award-winning ales), soft drinks, teas, coffees and light snacks.
You may also want to watch:
Gates open at noon and the first jazz session will begin at 12.30pm. Entry is £8 on the door and the brewery tour is £5.
For more information contact Dave and Sheila Dyer on 01945 588325.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told