Enjoy blooms and a cuppa at three gardens open to the public in March
- Credit: Archant
Green fingered fans have been busy preparing their gardens with an explosion of colour as part of a national open garden scheme.
It was the turn of Doreen and Neville Patrick at the weekend who opened their garden at Nene Parade in March.
Beautifully designed and maintained their garden is especially colourful at this time of year with a large number of fuchsias to admire.
They raised £350 for St Mary’s Church at Westry thanks to a steady stream of visitors over the weekend.
The next open garden is on Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 August from 10am to 5pm when Allan & April Hammond open their garden at 20 Steeple View in
You may also want to watch:
Theirs is described as a garden that overlooks meadows and comprises of a mixture of well stocked beds and borders. An elegant pergola accessed via a bridge over the main pond stretches the full length of the garden. Exit via a small orchard area and cottage garden.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
Twice winners of overall best garden in March and champion of champion winners in the March garden competition.
On Bank Holiday Monday, August 31, from 1pm to 5pm, Andrew Clarke opens his garden at 24 Gordon Avenue March.
It is described as a delightful small town garden which can be viewed from the conservatory which is helpful if it is rainy.
On Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 August from 10.30am to 4pm and on Sunday September 6 from noon to 4.30pm Paul and Maria Nielsen Bom open their doors for garden visitors at Beaver Lodge, 45 Henson Road in March.
Their garden is being featured in national magazine Garden News.
It is described as an award winning garden divided into different sections; oriental with pond, bonsai, ferns and a continental area.
Refreshments will be available at all the gardens.