Enjoy car-crushing action at Santa Pod Raceway for UK Monster Truck Nationals
- Credit: Archant
Monster truck fans of all ages from around the UK will be heading to the UK Monster Truck Nationals at Santa Pod Raceway, on August 9.
The event features a line-up of the biggest, baddest car-crushing 4x4 giants battling to be crowned the 2015 UK champion.
This is a rare opportunity to see the monster truck Freestyle featuring incredible bus jumps, caravan crushing and airborne action as seen on TV.
This year’s line-up includes Grim Reaper, Podzilla, Blaster, Slingshot, plus crowd favourite Big Pete and defending champion Swamp Thing.
The Red Dragon monster ride truck will be giving white-knuckle passenger rides at this event. At 12ft tall, and weighing five tonnes, it crushes everything in its path.
International stunt driving superstar Terry Grant, current holder of 20 world records, and the Turbonator jet car also appear at the event.
Gates open from 10am, with a pit party where fans can meet the stars of the show and take photographs with their favourite monster trucks.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 4 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
Visit www.monstertrucknationals.co.uk to book advance tickets – adults £13, children (aged five to 5 years) £5, family (two adults and two children) £35. Pit Party admission is an extra £10 per family.
On-the-gate prices are £20 for adults, £8 for children or £48 for a family ticket.
• Five readers will win a family ticket to the event. To stand a chance of winning, don’t miss the July 24 edition of the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard.