All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- Credit: The Gables Care Home
The Gables Care Home in Chatteris has announced that every staff member and resident has now received the first part of their Covid-19 vaccine.
A further 34 members of the team have also received the second part of their vaccine – which means 80pc of the workforce are now fully vaccinated.
Lorna Jones, the home’s activities co-ordinator, said residents are looking forward to hugs with loved ones and trips out once again.
She said: “We are thrilled to have received these vaccines as it takes us one step closer to being able to welcome visitors into the home again, and also planning some trips out which have been missed.”
The home has been Covid-free since the first lockdown in March 2020.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We’ve made sure that throughout the pandemic our residents have been staying in contact with their loved ones in a multitude of ways, including assisting our residents to make video calls to their friends and family.
“Our residents have truly missed their loved ones and are looking forward to the day they are able to come in for hugs.”
- 1 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 2 Town secures £1million funding for masterplan to make it 'thrive'
- 3 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 4 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 5 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 6 Councillor says MP Steve Barclay told Tories to return £10k lockdown grant
- 7 Council told in 2019 Chatteris factory would close
- 8 Pride of Whittlesey finalists revealed
- 9 300 jobs lost: Alan Bartlett & Sons to close Chatteris factory
- 10 Council plays its part to halt Covid infections in Fens hotspot