All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- Credit: The Gables Care Home
The Gables Care Home in Chatteris has announced that every staff member and resident has now received the first part of their Covid-19 vaccine.
A further 34 members of the team have also received the second part of their vaccine – which means 80pc of the workforce are now fully vaccinated.
Lorna Jones, the home’s activities co-ordinator, said residents are looking forward to hugs with loved ones and trips out once again.
She said: “We are thrilled to have received these vaccines as it takes us one step closer to being able to welcome visitors into the home again, and also planning some trips out which have been missed.”
The home has been Covid-free since the first lockdown in March 2020.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We’ve made sure that throughout the pandemic our residents have been staying in contact with their loved ones in a multitude of ways, including assisting our residents to make video calls to their friends and family.
“Our residents have truly missed their loved ones and are looking forward to the day they are able to come in for hugs.”
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 3 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 4 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 5 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 6 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 7 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 8 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s