More than 800 exhibits were entered into Doddington Horticultural Society s 61st annual show, with classes for both adults and children. Competition prizes were presented by Sue Dougan, of BBC Radio Cambridgeshire. Hereward FM s Black Thunder crew also at
More than 800 exhibits were entered into Doddington Horticultural Society's 61st annual show, with classes for both adults and children.
Competition prizes were presented by Sue Dougan, of BBC Radio Cambridgeshire. Hereward FM's Black Thunder crew also attended to encourage more people to visit and to hand out goodies to children.
Lyne Green, secretary of the horticultural society, said: "It was very pleasing to find that considering the weather we have encountered, the entries in the vegetable section achieved an all-time high.
"Adult entries were up from 467 last year to 549, but the children's entries were down from 355 to 274. This was very disappointing but appears to be due to holidays."
You may also want to watch:
To help encourage children to enter for next year, it is proposed to run workshops during school holidays.
- For a full list of prize winners, visit our website.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens