Estate agent organising golf day to raise funds for Billy Lee
- Credit: Archant
Time is running out for golfers to sign up for a charity event to raise funds for Billy Lee, who lost a leg and half a hip due to cancer.
Harrison Murray estate agent Ben Carter is spearheading the charity golf day next month, supporting a whole community’s efforts to help a young bone cancer sufferer get back on his own two feet with a prosthetic leg and hip.
The event, which includes a raffle and auction, takes place on June 10 at Tydd St Giles Golf Club.
Mr Carter, a sales negotiator at the Harrison Murray Wisbech branch, said: “Cancer in general touches the lives of so many people – everyone seems to know someone who has been affected.
“Billy’s story in particular has touched the hearts of so many people in the community and further afield.
You may also want to watch:
“His courage has been remarkable, and this is our small way of supporting Billy and his family – made all the poignant because he is a young, local guy.”
Billy’s girlfriend Shirley Cooper has recently joined the Wisbech branch of The Nottingham (Building Society), which shares its joint office with Harrison Murray.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
She said: “Billy has gone, and continues to go, through a huge physically challenging and emotional journey. Both he and everyone who knows and loves Billy is so very grateful and moved by all the support.
“Our huge thanks to Ben for organising this event which we hope will be a big success.”
The Golf Day will include bacon rolls with tea/coffee on arrival, morning and afternoon sessions, competitions, an awards ceremony, barbecue, raffle and auction.
The cost of entering a team of four is £40 per player. Anyone interested in putting in a team, donating a prize or offering help can get in touch with Ben at Harrison Murray on 01945 465 432 or e-mail email@example.com