Estate agents Harrison Murray ‘sign’ large cheque for Glebelands School at Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
Children at a Chatteris primary school - Glebelands - will benefit from their own creativity after Harrison Murray Estate Agency handed over a £400 cheque.
The school landed the money after pupils captured what they understood the property market to mean in the form of colourful ‘For Sale’ signs in a Harrison Murray competition.
Sellers who used Harrison Murray’s Chatteris office were then able to choose one of the designs to display at their property if they so wished - and each time one of the young people’s creations were selected the school was allocated a £25 donation.
And Harrison Murray representatives were delighted to recently pop into the school to hand over the funds.
Sharon Aylward, Chatteris sales manager, said: “The competition was something a bit unusual but we wanted it to be something engaging for the youngsters.
You may also want to watch:
“We were delighted with the number of entries we received from Glebelands, all of which really captured the essence of buying and/or selling a property.
“But what was even more pleasing was that so many of our vendors selected the signs when selling their properties and that meant we were able to raise so much money for the school.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire