Estate agents Maxey Grounds to close Chatteris branch
- Credit: Archant
Estate agents Maxey Grounds – which has been operating since 1792 - has closed its Chatteris branch.
Instead merging with their March office, John Maxey, senior partner, said: “We have been proud to be part of the Chatteris community for a long time and although we will no longer have a branch in the town, we will be continuing to help those involved in both sales and lettings in the area.
“Making the decision to close a branch at any time of the year is never easy, but we are fully supporting any of our staff who wish to move to one of our other branches.
“The location of our offices in March and Wisbech means this change will allow us to respond to our client needs in a more efficient and competitive way.”
Mr Maxey added: “With an increasing amount of our work focussed online, by telephone and through digital communication, all businesses have to respond to changes in the market.
You may also want to watch:
“Our service is about meeting our clients and talking with them face-to-face, and much of this work is completed at the client’s home or property and not in our offices.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack