Estover playing field is a valuable community asset
Following the outpouring of objections to Councillor Steve Count’s announcement on the future of Estover playing field, I strongly suggest the people of March lobby March Town Council and the Estover Playing Field Association to register the field as an Asset of Community Value.
The link is http://mycommunityrights.org.uk/community-right-to-bid/.
If the field was successfully registered, it would require Cambridgeshire County Council to inform the town council and the Estover Playing Field Association when they plan to sell the field and give the town six months to raise the funds to buy it.
Alternatively the town council could lobby the County Council to transfer the field to its ownership beneath the current market value.
It would be a great shame to see such a valuable community asset lost to the town.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens