European food and craft fair to bring true flavour of the continent to Fenland
- Credit: Archant
A traditional European food and craft fair is coming to Fenland later this month.
Wisbech Market Place will be transformed in to a bustling European market place on Thursday, April 24, with March receiving a continental makeover the following day.
Market traders from France, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Holland and Poland will sell delicacies from their homeland.
Market organiser Olivier Simonin says: “The professional continental market traders will be selling high quality products including Brittany biscuits, olives, Italian nougat, delectable cheeses, sausages, tartiflette, charcuterie, fresh bread, croissants and freshly made crepes.
“As well as all of these delectable goods, you will be able to choose from a wide range of products including handbags and leather items, Marseille soaps, lavender, children’s toys and pashminas. There really will be something for everyone.
You may also want to watch:
“All of the traders will also wear their traditional local costumes from 100 years ago, as well as decorating their stall to represent the region of the country they come from.
“The market will therefore provide you with a true flavour of the continent.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
For more information visit www.traditionalmarket.co.uk or Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/traditionalmarket