EXCLUSIVE: Chatteris Town sack manager Steve Taylor
CHATTERIS Town have sacked manager Steve Taylor after a miserable seven months at West Street.
Taylor, who had not watched his side win for 14 games, was sacked by Lilies chairman Steve Bright on Saturday. He was told the news after attending a pitch inspection for Chatteris’ postponed clash with Fulbourn Institute.
The sacking is the latest saga in a disastrous season for the relegation-threatened Lilies, who have slumped to 16th in the Kershaw Premier League.
Taylor returned for his second spell in charge of Chatteris in June, 11 years after he had guided them to a fifth-place finish in the Ridgeons First Division.
The former Ely City and Haverhill Rovers boss took charge of Wisbech Town in 2008 but resigned from a rocky spell with the Fenmen after just 157 days.
You may also want to watch:
Chatteris Town are yet to announce a replacement for Taylor, who last month vowed to fight on and lead the Lilies to safety.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 8 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire