Existing Cavalry parking restrictions are ignored by parents - and the residents suffer
IN response to the inconsiderate car parking outside Cavalry Primary School, March.
I live at the other end of Cavalry Drive where we already have parking restrictions. But yes, you’ve guessed it, the restrictions make no difference to various people picking up their children from Neale-Wade Community College.
The only people inconvenienced by these yellow lines are the home owners and our guests. In fact we can look forward to double yellow lines so there will be no parking allowed at all.
This will cause massive inconvenience to my family and my neighbours, although not to parents picking up their children from the school as I’m sure the same culprits will continue to ignore the rules.
As Mr Towning points out, police turn up after everyone has gone.
You may also want to watch:
Can I also take this opportunity to ask about cycling on the footpaths? We have various cyclepaths in town and I fail to understand why children (and the odd adult) feel the need to cycle (at full speed) down a footpath when the cycle path is just on the other side of the road (i.e. down The Avenue and The Causeway).
Have the rules regarding this changed?
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
I have sometimes had vile obscenities shouted at me for being in the way. Again there are never any police to be seen.
NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED