Extremely regrettable and depressing that Wisbech homeless shelter will close
- Credit: Archant
This is extremely regrettable and depressing.
Coming on top of the evidence of hunger in our midst (note the growth of foodbanks), the slashing of the grant will result in the disappearance of a vital service.
One sees clearly that the poor are being asked to bear an inordinate share of the burden of sorting out the country’s financial problems.
It needs to be emphasised that this financial black hole and its attendant misery was created not by the poor, whether local or migrant, but by irresponsible bankers who have not only not been called to account but have not paid back a penny of the monies which they stole from the rest of us.
I am also outraged that our local politicians have gone along with this charade and have not had the guts to ask the council tax payers of the Fens what we want.
You may also want to watch:
If asked for my opinion, I know how I would have voted.
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4